This article suggests common troubleshooting steps if other players cannot hear you over voice chat.
Unturned does not support open mic, only push-to-talk. A microphone icon should appear in the middle left of your screen while the talk key is held. If this icon is not appearing the talk key might have accidentally been changed. It is labeled Voice Chat in the Communication section of the Controls menu.
In-game voice settings
There are several voice related settings in the Options menu:
- Enable Outbound Voice Chat allows your microphone to record if enabled. If disabled your microphone will not be used.
- Enable Inbound Voice Chat allows you to hear other players if enabled.
- Voice Chat Volume is a multiplier for playback of other players' voices. It is applied after peak normalization so it cannot be made louder than 100%.
Steam voice settings
Unturned uses Steam Voice which selects the microphone to use. You can find Steam voice settings here:
- Open your Steam Friends list
- Click the gear in the upper-right to open Friends List Settings
- Select the Voice tab from the list on the left side
- Check the Input Device (microphone) is correct and use the Microphone Test feature
If your microphone is not working in the Steam voice menu you might need to look up microphone troubleshooting tips for your operating system. (Windows, macOS, Linux)